This procedure is meant for the IT service or IT manager of your CMO, if needed, please request a personal assistance to the IDA IT manager in order to obtain a secured ftp access.
To be able to connect to the sftp server of IDA, each CMO must provide an ssh public key and keep the corresponding private key on the computer from which the file will be downloaded.
A key pair can be created with the PuTTYgen software.
The PuTTYgen program is part of PuTTY, an open source networking client for the Windows platform.
To generate an SSH key pair on Windows using the PuTTYgen program:
- Download and install PuTTY or PuTTYgen. To download PuTTY or PuTTYgen, go to http://www.putty.org/ and click the You can download PuTTY here link.
- Run the PuTTYgen program. The PuTTY Key Generator window is displayed.
- Set the Type of key to generate option to SSH-2 RSA.
- In the Number of bits in a generated key box, enter 2048.
- Click Generate to generate a public/private key pair. As the key is being generated, move the mouse around the blank area as directed.
- (Optional) Enter a passphrase for the private key in the Key passphrase box and reenter it in the Confirm passphrase box.
When the key pair is created, the CMO must send the public key to the IDA team by email.
After the public key is registred on the ftp server, the sftp credentials associated to this public key will be sent by email to the CMO, which will then be enabled to establish a secure connexion.